Monday, April 24, 2017

200

The past Saturday milonga in Vienna marked my 200th gig as a tango DJ! This was made up of 128 invitations (41 sets in larger (marathon/encuentro/festival/) events and 87 sets in regular, 3-6 hours long milongas) and 72 sets in self-organized events (almost all of which were regular 3 hour long milongas in Budapest, although 11 of them were longer "pre-marathon" milongas visited by early-bird traveling marathon dancers as well as locals).

Not having a FB account, not traveling around without being invited, not organizing larger events, not benefitting from reciprocity from inviting other other organizers to DJ etc. are definitely not helping visibility, but I'm actually quite happy with how these past few years worked out and I am grateful for the amazing experiences making dancing people happy allowed me to have. Good times!

Analyzing my past playlists I also made some observations about patterns I was not fully aware of before; when I have more time I'll maybe write up a post although I think this probably interests one person: me. For now, out of these 200 sets:

  • Most frequently played tango happened to be: Aníbal Troilo, Francisco Fiorentino: Te aconsejo que me olvides.
  • Most frequently played vals happened to be: Alfredo De Angelis, Carlos Dante, Julio Martel: Pobre flor (Primera ilusión). (Not super-happy to admit this, but well.)
  • Most frequently played milonga happened to be: Edgardo Donato: El torito.

No comments:

Post a Comment